Founded in 1998 and based in Alabama, Trawick International is a top-rated insurance company that offers a vast range of travel insurance plans for a myriad of customers around the world. There are many plans to choose from, whether you are traveling around the United States or outside to international countries as a student, employee, or tourist. Variations can include group travel insurance, plans for missionary work, adventure travel, and for study abroad and tourist travel. Trawick International also offers options in case a cancellation occurs, or an emergency arises. They have specialized and customized programs to cover hospital visits, prescriptions, lost luggage, trip delays, and more.
Click here to compare and buy travel insurance plans offered by Trawick International or read below to learn more about the company and plans offered.
Types of Insurance Plans offered by Trawick International
Trawick International provides a variety of insurance plans with varying benefits. Examples include the following:
Safe Travels USA, Safe Travels USA Cost Saver, and Safe Travels USA Comprehensive
- Non-US residents/citizens can choose this insurance plan from Trawick International when traveling to the United States. All three plans cover five days to one year initially, with deductibles ranging from $0 to $5,000. Furthermore, all plans are not available to US residents/citizens or those with a US green card.
- The Safe Travels USA plan is mainly for those traveling to the US and then onto other countries, and it covers illnesses or accidents that occur. The Safe Travels USA Cost Saver is more for the economical traveler and focused on sicknesses or accidents as well. Urgent Care copay is $30 unless a $0 out of network deductible is selected at purchase, and wellness doctor visits go up to $75. The Safe Travels USA Comprehensive covers accidents and sicknesses with an acute onset of pre-existing medical conditions.
Safe Travels International, Safe Travels International Cost Saver, Safe Travels Outbound, Safe Travels Outbound Cost Saver, and Safe Travels Schengen Visa Plan
- US citizens and foreign nationals traveling outside the US can choose this insurance plan from Trawick International. This type of insurance is built for workers, missionaries, and tourists. Each program includes coverage for emergencies, terrorism, and medical insurance. The first two international plans cover trips from five days up to one year, while the last two outbound plans cover trips from five days to one hundred and eighty days.
- The Safe Travels International plan consists of a primary travel medical plan with a $0 deductible and 100% emergency medical evacuation and repatriation of remains. The Safe Travels International Cost Saver is a temporary plan with varying rates based on customizable options and the user’s age. The Safe Travels Outbound is a primary temporary travel medical plan with a $0-$2,500 deductible and $50,000-$500,000 accident medical expense. The Safe Travels Outbound Cost Saver is an excess temporary plan that has the same deductible and accident medical expense with lower costs for baggage delays and personal effects. The Safe Travels Schengen Visa Plan covers a range of European countries with a $0 deductible and 100% co-insurance.
Safe Travels Single Trip Protection, Safe Travels 3-in-1 Trip Protection, Safe Travels First Class Trip Protection
- US citizens/residents can use this insurance from Trawick International while in the US and abroad. Trip interruptions, delays, and cancellations are covered based on customized policies.
- The Safe Travels Single Trip Protection will give the maximum benefit chosen when reimbursing for any cancellations, interruptions, or delays, up to $30,000. The Safe Travels 3 in 1 Trip Protection is based on age and trip costs, with a $150-$10,000 maximum for any trip cancellations. The Safe Travels First Class Trip Protection gives the best option, with coverage of up to $150,000.
Dogtag Basic, Dogtag Sport, Dogtag Extreme, Dogtag Extreme Plus
- US citizens and foreigners who are traveling outside the US can choose this insurance plan from Trawick International. There are four levels of coverage with different policies and benefits to cover sports, high-risk sports, and extreme sports.
- The Dogtag Basic covers fundamental needs for the economy traveler with some fun activities in mind. It includes $25,000 for emergency accident medical expenses. The Dogtag Sport, on the other hand, is for riskier activities such as skydiving and parachuting, with $50,000 for emergency accident medical expenses. The Dogtag Extreme is for the thrill-seeking explorers who aim to explore one of over 400 types of sports. It covers $100,000 for emergency accident medical expenses. Lastly, the Dogtag Extreme Plus has the highest coverage overall, and a $10,000 trip cancellation/interruption.
Safe Travels Annual Basic, Safe Travels Annual Deluxe, Safe Travels Annual Executive
- US citizens and residents can choose this insurance plan from Trawick International if they often travel throughout the year. Nonetheless, neither of these plans cover travel in Florida, Washington, Oregon, and New York.
- The Safe Travels Annual Basic comes out to a flat-rate fee of $155 for travel of up to 30 days and $10,000 in primary emergency medical coverage. The Safe Travels Annual Deluxe has a $305 flat-rate fee for up to 30 days, and $20,000 in primary emergency medical coverage. The Safe Travels Annual Executive has a $675 flat-rate fee for travel of up to 30 days and $50,000 in primary emergency medical coverage.
Collegiate Care Standard, Collegiate Care Preferred, Collegiate Care Silver, Collegiate Care Gold
- International people who are coming to the United States to study, teach, and actively engage in academic activities can choose this insurance plan from Trawick International. Please note that those with a J visa are not included in these plans.
- The Collegiate Care Standard offers $100,000 per illness or injury and a $500,000 annual maximum. The Collegiate Care Preferred covers $500,000 per illness or injury and a $3,000,000 maximum yearly. The Collegiate Care Silver offers $150,000 per injury or sickness and a $400,000 annual maximum. The Collegiate Care Gold covers $250,000 per injury or sickness and a $600,000 annual maximum.
International Student and Scholar Medical Evacuation and Repatriation
- This plan is also for internationals who come to the US to study, teach and do academic research. It covers emergency type situations such as repatriation and evacuations, and the insurance comes in addition to purchasing a health plan. Evacuation and repatriation come up to $100,000 and a 24/7 nurse helpline.
Embarking on a new adventure comes with exciting prospects, from studying abroad to trying extreme sports to touring unfamiliar territory. Check from a list of extensive options offered by Trawick International to ensure you will be covered for a wide variety of incidents that may occur. You’ll be glad to have back-up care and support when you need it the most!