** In June 2021, Tokio Marine HCC rebranded as WorldTrips.**
Tokio Marine HCC Atlas America Insurance
Tokio Marine HCC is a top-rated medical insurance provider that offers a wide array of insurance plans catered to and based upon your needs. Whether you are studying abroad as a student, going on an important business trip for work, or only taking an extended vacation, it is crucial to have insurance while staying in an unknown and unfamiliar country. You’ll also want to rely on a company that is well-known, highly established, and has excellent reviews from its clients.
Atlas America Insurance Plan
Tokio Marine HCC offers a travel medical insurance plan called Atlas America Insurance. Atlas America Insurance is for non-US citizens and residents who are traveling to the United States and are seeking visitor’s insurance to cover health and other issues.
Atlas America includes comprehensive and customizable coverage, all of which embrace the following key benefits:
Members: Insurance is available to not
only yourself as an individual plan, but to your family (parents and relatives)
as a group plan as well.
Coverage applies to non-US citizens who are visiting the United States and who
are between 2 weeks old – 100 years old. Insurance must be purchased within two
years of arriving in America.
A myriad of people can use this type of insurance, including tourists, students studying abroad, au-pairs who come to babysit, business professionals, and industry clients.
Range of Payments: Policy maximums for travel medical coverage are determined by you, with a range of $50,000 to $2,000,000 to select from. The exact breakdown includes:
Furthermore, you are given a range of $0-$5,000 for
deductibles to choose from in each certificate period. The choices include:
After meeting your deductible, you will be 100% covered for all of your eligible medical expenses up to the maximum limit.
Extensive Range of Providers and
America provides access to several thousand hospitals and nearly 100,000
healthcare facilities located all over the United States. Due to being a part
of First Health PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) Network and United
Healthcare PPO Network, there is a vast number of professionals in the health
industry who can cater to your needs. Moreover, specific doctors, clinics, and
facilities can be searched for online with ease. Those in the network provide
lower costs, and particular doctors can be searched for based on their
specialty and location.
Extra benefits include hospital room and board, transportation via a local ambulance, intensive care unit, and emergency room co-payments, to name a few.
Worldwide Assistance: When you first sign up with Atlas America, you can make your purchase online and immediately receive your policy documents. We give instant quotes based on your needs, and all that we require is your name, date of birth, travel dates, and passport number. Tokio Marine HCC will provide you with specific instructions on how to file claims, seek medical treatment, and answer any questions. For instance, you would simply fill out a Claimant’s Statement and Authorization Form online to file a claim, in addition to attaching any receipts and invoices.
Some of the many additional services that come with your plan include:
- Provider Referrals: An extensive list of contact information for all of your medical, dental, and pharmaceutical needs.
- Medical Monitoring: In case something serious happens to you, consultations and consistent updates with medical staff are available to yourself and family members during any type of hospitalization.
- Travel Document Replacement: Tokio Marine HCC knows that sometimes essential documents get lost when traveling from one place to another. They provide ways for you to obtain replacement passports, visas, ID cards, and other necessary documents. They also have a tracking service to locate lost luggage during your flight. Lastly, they do help to provide a credit card and traveler’s check replacement.
- Translation Assistance: Brochures and forms come in a variety of languages. Should you need to speak with someone right away, Tokio Marine HCC will find the appropriate translator to communicate with you directly.
- Additional Referrals: Should you need any embassy or consulate referrals; Tokio Marine HCC will provide you with the correct information. Moreover, they have legal, and accounting referrals should anything come up during your travels.
No matter what day or time it is, you can reach Tokio Marine HCC seven days a week, 365 days a year.
International Coverage: Tokio Marine HCC knows difficult situations arise, and life-threatening conditions take place. Some additional coverage they offer are:
- Emergency Medical Evacuation and Emergency Reunion: In case of a threatening emergency, Tokio Marine HCC will cover expenses used to treat you at a hospital, and all the transportation costs that come with it. Also, since they know the importance of having your loved ones nearby, housing and meals will be covered for a family member who is supporting you during this difficult time.
- Sports Coverage: Tokio Marine HCC knows exploring a new country comes with an array of recreational and fun sports to engage in and try out for the first time, such as snorkeling and snowboarding. They offer coverage for such vacation sports, though some extreme sports may not be covered.
- Crisis Response: There are varying degrees of coverage (ranging from up to $10,000 or up to $100,000) offered in case of a kidnapping and a loss of personal items. If this unfortunate event should occur, you will have access to top law enforcement, as well as the Unity Crisis Group, for further help and assistance.
- Terrorism:If the country you are visiting is not at a Level 3 or 4 travel advisory by the US Department of State during the first six months of your arrival date, Tokio Marine HCC offers coverage for any medical expenses in the case of a terrorist attack.
- Natural Disasters: If a natural disaster such as a major earthquake or hurricane should strike, Tokio Marine HCC will provide $250 a day for 5 days to help with displaced living situations and accommodations.
- Personal Liabilities: There are various amounts of coverage (ranging from up to $25,000 or up to $100,000) given in case of a third-party injury, damage/loss to a third party’s personal property, and damage/loss to a related third party’s private property.
Other emergency travel coverage includes travel delays and interruptions, the return of minor children, pet return, pregnancy complications, repatriation of remains, and political evacuations.
Traveling is always an exciting excursion, but accidents and health issues can suddenly arise at any given time. Stay covered with Tokio Marine HCC’s Atlas America insurance plan, so all of your individual and family’s needs are met. Then, you can start planning out your exciting adventures for traveling abroad!