Seven Corners is a travel insurance provider that has been helping U.S. citizens traveling abroad and visitors to the U.S. with travel insurance needs for over 25 years. The company focuses on travel medical insurance for U.S. citizens and trip insurance coverage. Over the past 25 years, the company has been known as the go-to firm for any type of travel insurance needs.
Headquartered in Indiana, Seven Corners travel insurance has been a staple in the travel insurance industry. The company offers 24/7 customer support for its customers traveling abroad. In a world of international travel, no matter what time zone a traveler is in, they can always talk to a live agent at Seven Corners.
Click here to compare and buy travel insurance plans offered by Seven Corners or read below to learn more about the company and plans offered.
What Types of Insurance Does Seven Corners Offer?
Seven Corners is a full-service travel insurance company. They offer the following types of insurance coverage for U.S. and international travelers:
- Trip Insurance
- Travel Medical Insurance
- Visa and Immigration Travel Insurance
- Student Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Annual Evacuation and Repatriation Insurance
Seven Corners specializes in group coverage options. However, they work with individual travelers as well to make sure they are covered for all medical and travel emergencies while traveling abroad.
Any time you travel, trip insurance is offered. Trip insurance is a basic necessity for anyone traveling, whether abroad or within the United States. Trip insurance provides several protections to help give you peace of mind during your travels:
- Trip cancelation. When you book a trip and have to cancel for a wide variety of covered reasons, your trip insurance can reimburse you for the non-refundable travel expenses.
- Lost or stolen property
- Baggage loss or delay
- Medical expenses
- Medical evacuation
Seven Corners trip insurance comes in several varieties.
- RoundTrip Economy. This policy covers up to $10,000 of the cost of your trip if the trip is interrupted or canceled. Missed connections receive $350 if the cruise tour is delayed by three or more hours. The change fee is $75. The policy covers $10,000 in medical expenses and $500 in lost baggage expenses. This coverage is the lowest level of trip insurance coverage available.
- RoundTrip Choice. This policy is the middle-of-the-road policy. It offers up to $20,000 towards cancelation or interruption vacation losses. It also provides $600 for Cruise delays of 6 or more hours, $100,000 in medical costs, and $1,500 for lost, stolen, or damaged baggage.
- RoundTrip Elite. This coverage is the best trip insurance coverage Seven Corners has to offer. It offers up to $30,000 of reimbursed cancellation or interruption travel expenses, $1,500 for cruise delays of 3 or more hours, $250,000 in medical expenses, and $2,500 for lost, damaged, or stolen baggage.
- RoundTrip International Coverage. This coverage is for non-US citizens who require trip protection.
Seven Corners offers additional coverage as well. This additional optional coverage includes:
- Flight accident coverage
- Rental car damage coverage
- Cancellation for any reason coverage
- Cancellation for work-related reasons coverage
- Lost ski days and equipment rental coverage
- Lost golf rounds and equipment rental coverage
International Medical Insurance
Did you know that your domestic medical insurance is typically not accepted overseas? If you get injured or sick while on vacation in a foreign country, your standard medical policy will not help. You can get charged all of the expensive medical fees associated with your overseas treatment.
Seven Corners offers travel medical insurance to help protect you against these expenses with their Liaison product series. Travel medical insurance will cover you if you are injured or fall ill while traveling abroad. Like most policies, you will have a small deductible. Then the policy will take care of the rest of the expenses. For a small fee, you can have medical insurance coverage no matter where you are in the world.
You can also choose to take advantage of the Wanderer plan offered by Seven Corners. This plan is for frequent travelers who wish to carry this coverage for several different trips.
The Liaison medical plans come in three levels:
These plans cover 100% of medical expenses for individuals traveling overseas. They also include emergency dental expenses and Emergency Services and Assistance. Seven Corners’ policies cover in-home care while you are abroad. For instance, if you are staying in a foreign country for over a month, you may have an injury that will require some rehab and in-home case before you can travel back to the United States. Your Seven Corners policy will cover these expenses.
In addition to offering medical insurance to U.S. recreational travelers traveling abroad, Seven Corners offers specific policies for student travelers and missionaries traveling abroad. These policies are affordable and provide the type of coverage many of these lower-income travelers may require while overseas.
Annual Evacuation and Repatriation Insurance
Anyone in the U.S. on a J1 Visa is required to carry a specific type of insurance. This coverage is called Medical evacuation and repatriation coverage. The law requires J1 Visa holders to carry $50,000 evacuation insurance and $25,000 repatriation coverage.
Seven Corners offers this coverage at an affordable rate. They make it easy to obtain and even easier to use.
Visa and Immigration Insurance
People traveling to the United States on a Visa or as an immigrant cannot get insurance coverage in the U.S. immediately. There could be a waiting period of 30 days to several months or even years. However, many of these travelers cannot enter the country unless they prove they have some type of medical coverage.
Seven Corners’ Visa and Immigration Insurance provides temporary insurance coverage until these travelers can obtain US medical insurance.
All of these policies can also be offered as group policies for five or more international travelers.
Seven Corners is the first travel insurance company to offer this type of travel insurance. Some people must travel overseas to seek specialized medical help. BorderCross Worldwide is a specialty travel insurance that covers this type of need for U.S. travelers.
Where Do Seven Corners Insurance Plans Fall Short Compared to Competitors?
Seven Corners is one of the best travel insurance companies in the United States. However, it has its flaws. One of the significant downfalls of Seven Corners is the lack of the 10-day free policy review period. Many travel companies offer their clients ten days to review the terms of the policy. If they are not happy with the terms of the policy, clients can return it for a full refund.
Most Seven Corners policies do not offer this review period. This lack of review period makes it more challenging to return the policy if you are not pleased with the conditions.
The Overall Seven Corners Experience
Overall, Seven Corners stands above the competition in customer service and availability, as well as products. Their customer service representatives are always available and easy to reach.
Customers rate their experiences very positively. Users can quickly settle claims and receive payouts without a problem. The only negative issues reported is their cancellation policy.