**The Elite plan was discontinued by Arch RoamRight in early 2020.**
A global provider of many different travel insurance plans and other assistance services, RoamRight offers high-quality products at competitive prices with excellent customer service. The company is underwritten by Arch Insurance Company, one of the best-regarded financial institutions in the nation. From multi-trip coverage to protection for more adventurous trips, RoamRight has an insurance policy right for nearly every traveler. The Elite plan is the company’s most comprehensive package, offering the highest levels of coverage all in one purchase.
Elite Plan Coverage
With this policy from RoamRight, travelers are eligible for these benefits, listed here with maximum coverage:
- Trip cancellation – 100%
- Trip interruption – 150%
- Missed connections and itinerary change of 3 hours or more– $750
- Travel delays of 6 hours or more – $200 per day with a maximum of $1,500
- Emergency accident and sickness medical expenses – $50,000 with a $50 deductible
- Dental sub-limit – $750
- Emergency evacuations – $1,000,000
- Baggage loss – $2,500 total with a $250 per article limit
- Baggage delay of 12 hours or more – $500
- Accidental death and dismemberment – $25,000
Specific Plan Details
In addition to the above protections under the RoamRight Elite Plan, there are a number of other specifications to this policy:
- One minor will be covered at no additional cost for each paid adult traveling under this plan.
- If the plan is bought within 21 days of the original trip purchase, additional cancel for work reasons insurance is available at 100% coverage.
- If the plan is bought within 21 days of the original trip purchase, and the full non-refundable cost of the trip is insured, travelers will be covered for pre-existing conditions (with the stipulation of not being disabled from travel at the time of the trip purchase).
- If the plan is bought within 21 days of the original trip purchase, optional cancel for any reason insurance may also be purchased (not available to residents of New York). This is payable up to 75% of the trip cost.
Plan Options and Assistance Services
Travelers who purchase the RoamRight Elite Plan have the option to add the following coverage to their insurance policies:
- Sports coverage
- Hazardous sports coverage
- Car rentals collision insurance (not available to residents of Texas)
- Baggage including sports equipment or additional personal effects
In addition, this travel insurance policy also offers these assistance services:
- Emergency evacuation and repatriation
- Medical assistance
- Trip interruption and delays assistance
Choosing to purchase travel insurance is a personal decision that is best made after careful comparisons between policies to determine which is the best one for the individual circumstances. Reading the terms and conditions of each possibility is the easiest way to make this selection before purchase.