September 17, 2015 (New York, N.Y.)
The holiday season is quickly approaching and with it, the annual migration to family gatherings and festive celebrations near and far from home. As the calendar turns toward Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and the once a year winter ski vacation, leading travel insurance comparison website, TravelInsurance.com, reminds travelers to purchase their insurance before the annual rush of holiday travel begins.
“Whether you’re going home for the holidays or booking your dream ski vacation, your trip planning should always include a quality travel protection plan,” says Stan Sandberg, Co-Founder of TravelInsurance.com. “Travel insurance can take the sting out of the unexpected holiday travel nightmare. From snow storms that delay or cancel flights to emergency medical coverage on the slopes, holiday travelers should start researching travel insurance plans now to find a plan that best matches their needs.”
Whether traveling to Europe, hitting the slopes in the Rockies, or merely heading home, there are myriad policy options available offering pinpoint protection relevant to holiday travelers:
- Trip Cancellation insurance covers pre-payments for holiday travel arrangements that may be interrupted or cancelled by extreme weather (snow, ice, sleet, etc.), sickness or injuries, and other issues. Coverage varies by policy.
- Medical Travel insurance limits the financial burden of emergency medical coverage for those who fall ill or are injured while traveling. Such coverage is particularly significant for international travelers, as standard health insurance plans sometime do not cover medical bills from another country.
- Baggage insurance provides reimbursement for toys, technologies, and other items in lost, damaged or stolen luggage – even the luggage itself.
- Medical Evacuation insurance will cover costs associated with transportation costs to a qualified hospital in a medical emergency if the local facilities are inadequate. Such policies are particularly applicable to international travelers – especially those headed for remote destinations or off the tourist track.
- Adventure Sports insurance is offered as an optional upgrade to cover high-risk activities such as skiing, snowboarding, scuba diving and other extreme sports popular with holiday travelers that would otherwise be excluded.
TravelInsurance.com makes shopping for travel insurance easy and affordable, empowering travelers with the ability to quickly find, compare and choose the appropriate travel insurance policy that meets their – and their family members’ – needs and fits their budget. TravelInsurance.com offers plans from a variety of trusted travel insurance companies. It takes only a few minutes online to discover the right plan at the right price with the right protection for any trip. Consumers can then buy directly and securely through the website and receive their policy via email within minutes.
For more information or to purchase travel insurance policies, visit TravelInsurance.com.
# # #
TravelInsurance.com helps to simplify the complicated world of travel insurance by providing consumers with the easiest way to compare and buy trip insurance coverage online or over the phone. A member company of the U.S. Travel Insurance Association, owned and operated by DigiVentures Holdings, LLC, a licensed agency that works with some of the largest travel insurers in the industry, TravelInsurance.com offers for a wide selection of plans, secures every purchase with high-grade Verisign 256-bit secured encryption, and helps clientele find the appropriate travel insurance policy that meets their needs without exceeding their budget. Purchases can be made directly through the website, with policies sent via email within minutes.