The budget-minded traveler will appreciate the “CSA Travel Protection Custom” plan. It is a family-friendly policy that includes typical travel insurance coverage with a few perks and comfortable limits. For example, it offers identity theft resolution and concierge service. Also, a traveler receives 24-hour emergency services from a trained doctor. When it comes to lost or stolen baggage, CSA covers the cash value of misplaced items. To qualify, a person must be a United States resident. Unfortunately, there is no coverage for pre-existing conditions.
Custom Plan Details
This CSA plan offers unique features that may be more attractive than similar coverage from other companies:
- Travelers are covered for trip cancellations or interruptions due to carrier delays or cancellations that result from poor weather conditions, mechanical issues, labor strikes, terrorist attacks, and similar reasons.
- Medical/Evacuation limits are comfortable. They should always account for individual travel needs.
- Coverage is included for loss from unauthorized credit card use. This is usually considered a part of baggage benefits.
- Travel delays are covered and include hotel expenses, food, telephone needs, and transportation.
- When a person needs emergency assistance, including emergency cash transfers, medical referral services, or vehicle return, all costs are covered.
- Coverage amounts for missed connections and travel delays are comfortable.
When a person opts for this travel insurance plan, there is optional coverage that goes above and beyond regular benefits.
- For an additional $9 per day, a person can opt for rental car damage coverage.
- Coverage does not exist for pre-existing medical conditions. Also, there is a look back period of 180 days.
- 24-hour AD&D is not available.
Related CSA Plans
Besides a Custom plan, CSA offers a Custom Luxe alternative. This is a step-above the Custom option. When traveling, this coverage provides maximum protection.
Before a person chooses to purchase a CSA Custom trip insurance plan, it is essential to become familiar with all its terms and conditions. It is essential to compare benefits and rates so that the best coverage is selected for individual needs.