As a travel insurance company that has been in business for more than a century, Allianz Global Assistance has kept more than 13 million travelers protected while they are away from home. The company partners with travel agencies, resorts, airlines and credit card companies to provide some of the most innovative products at competitive prices. Allianz offers top-notch coverage through four standard insurance plans, but the Classic with Trip+ Plan is the most comprehensive.
Allianz Classic with Trip+ Plan Coverage
With this policy from Allianz, insured travelers receive the following benefits, listed here with maximum coverage:
- Trip cancellation – 100% with a maximum of $100,000
- Trip interruption – 150%
- Missed connections of 24 hours or more – $1,600
- Travel delays of 6 hours or more – $200 per day with a maximum of $1,600
- Medical expenses – $25,000
- Emergency evacuations – $1,000,000
- Baggage loss – $2,000
- Baggage delay of 24 hours or more – $600
- 24/7 assistance services
Specific Plan Details
In addition to the above protections under the Allianz with Trip+ Plan, there are a number of inclusions and additions specific to this policy:
- Minors traveling with parents or grandparents are automatically covered at no additional cost.
- Approved reasons for trip cancellations or interruptions are expanded to include: legal separation or divorce, felonious assault, job loss, routine pregnancy, foreign and domestic terrorism, financial default and natural disasters.
- If the plan is bought within 14 days of the original trip purchase, pre-existing medical conditions are covered.
- If the plan is bought within 14 days of the original trip purchase, 100% of the nonrefundable trip costs are insured.
- Fees for changing plans for a trip are covered up to $250.
- 24-hour emergency assistance services are included for medical and travel issues, legal assistance and many other reasons.
- If the plan is bought within 14 days of the original trip purchase, financial default coverage is included although additional conditions apply.
Plan Options and Limitations
Travelers who purchase the Allianz Classic Trip+ Plan have the option of adding rental car damage coverage at a cost of $9 a day. This supplementary insurance provides up to $40,000 in protection.
There are also a few limitations to this policy:
- There is no coverage for flight accidents.
- There are no cancellation or interruption benefits for free trips.
- Travel outside of the United States may incur medical care costs much higher than the plan’s coverage limit.
- The time frame of 24 hours for baggage delay is longer than many other plans.
All of this information is best double-checked with the policy’s terms and conditions before purchase. As with any travel insurance policy, it is always best to compare many plans’ inclusions and costs before making a final decision.