It’s no surprise that the United States remains a top destination for viewing fall foliage. Full of tree-lined streets, roads, and parks, the country provides the perfect backdrop for beautiful photography. People from all over the globe travel to North America in an attempt to view some of the most interesting areas for fall foliage. Many purchase travel insurance for trip protection because they want peace of mind that if something unexpected occurs, they can cancel their trip without penalty.
Picture-Perfect Fall Scenery Found Throughout the United States
In many parts of the US, seasonal changes are marked by the changing of leaves from green to brilliant shades of reds, oranges, and yellow. Appearance alone indicates the shift from summer to fall. Towering trunks full of brilliant foliage stand in all their glory, ready to be admired and photographed.
Here are some of the locations where fall foliage is the most noticeable:
- Calistoga, California. Located in Napa Valley aka Wine Country, the area’s foliage doesn’t disappoint. It’s a sight to be seen while sipping Chardonnay, that’s for sure. The juxtaposition of summer to fall looks good in California which is why it’s a place of beauty especially during the latter months of the year. A glass of wine enjoyed outdoors when the temperatures have fallen is many people’s idea of perfection.
- Michigan’s Gold Coast. Starting in Traverse City, the 100-mile journey sums up what the state is all about. People see coves, sand dunes, and fishing towns that barely make it on the map. Most importantly, they see trees and lots of them. The vibrant foliage creates contrast between light and shadow on the sides of buildings and roadways.
- Saranac Lake, New York. Located in the Adirondacks, this beautiful city is small in size but big in natural beauty. In addition to its brilliant fall colors, there are also mountains, lakes, and hiking trails to explore. Visitors to the area can’t take enough photos of the leaves reflected on the lake’s surface because it is entirely a photographer’s dream setting. No photo editing software is required to create beautiful autumn shots for social media.
- Wellsboro, Pennsylvania. Its name alone conjures up thoughts of good health and well-being inspired by nature. Wellsboro doesn’t disappoint. Called the Grand Canyon of the East Coast, it’s a place where travelers go when they want to get away from it all, relax, and recharge their batteries before moving on to the next scenic byway or state park filled with jewel-toned colored leaves. It’s a place of rest and reflection.
- Cherokee, North Carolina. Along the Blue Ridge Parkway is this gem of a town. Rich with Native American culture and history, the area is one that historians and nature enthusiasts alike enjoy exploring. The tops of the trees glimmer in the fall sunlight in shades of gold and brick red. The warm glow furthers the feeling of warmth people have inside upon viewing the sleepy town.
The list goes on and on. The small towns and scenic byways listed here are among the USA’s most memorable. They give visitors a glimpse into what it looks like to experience fall from California to North Carolina. Anyone who wants to know what it’s like to see trees covered in brilliantly-colored leaves needs to make at least one trip to North America to witness it themselves.
How Travelers Protect Themselves from Loss When the Unexpected Occurs
Anyone wanting to tour the areas where fall foliage can be seen should invest in travel insurance as a precautionary measure. That way, if they are unable to make the trip and need to cancel for a covered reason, they won’t lose the money they spent in booking the trip. Trip protection is an investment of money well spent. It could potentially save a person hundreds if not thousands of dollars in the event a cancellation occurs.