Enter your trip details to quote, compare and buy travel insurance from trusted insurers. Purchase securely with instant confirmation of coverage and travel worry-free.

  • Customer Reviews
  • Norton Secured
  • BBB
  • best travel insurance


  • top rated travel insurance plans Plans from top rated companies
  • compare travel insurance Easily compare prices and benefits
  • travel insurance reviews Over 75,000 verified customer reviews
  • buy travel insurance online 100% safe and secure checkout
  • Instant confirmation of coverage Instant confirmation of coverage via email


Prices are regulated by law. You won't find a lower price anywhere else for a specific plan found here. Plus, we only work with top rated providers and will remove their plans if their rating on our site drops below 4 out of 5 stars.


Select two or more plans using the 'add to compare' function to compare plans side-by-side in a clear and helpful format. When quoting and comparing, you can click on any benefit to launch a window with coverage details, definitions and exclusions.


Before traveling outside of the country, there are a couple of things you need to ensure that you have. The first is travel insurance, this will give you the trip protection you need in case there is some sort of medical emergency, lost luggage, and other types of covered losses. The second is to get a passport for everyone going on the trip, including your child. This is extremely important because you can not leave the country without it. But you may be wondering how you can get a passport for your child.

When you are going to apply for a passport for your child, if they are under the age of 16, they need to be present and so do both of the parents. Along with being present when applying for the child’s passport, there is a variety of information you will need to have with you.

Proof of U.S. Citizenship

You will need to show proof that your child is a U.S. citizen by presenting certified documents. The following certified documents are accepted:

* Certified U.S. Birth Certificate
* Previous U.S. Passport
* Certificate of Citizenship
* Certificate of Naturalization
* Consular Report of Birth Abroad

Proof of Parental Relationship

The second thing you will need to prove is that you are the parent of the child. This can be done by submitting certified papers that list you as the parent of the child. The following certified papers will show this proof.

* Certified U.S. Birth Certificate (this can show both proof of citizenship and parental relationship)
* Foreign Birth Certificate
* Adoption decree
* Divorce/Custody decree
* Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a United States Citizen

Photo ID

Many children do not have a photo ID of their own, but if they do, that ID will need to be submitted. If the child does not have an ID, the parent will need to submit their photo ID.

Parental Consent

If your child is under the age of 16, they will need to have both parents appear with them in order to consent to the child getting their passport.

Passport Photo

You will need to have a passport photo of the child. It needs to be in color and be 2″ x 2″ in size.


The application for a U.S. passport and Statement of Consent forms will need to be filled out.


All fees will need to be paid at the time that the application is submitted.

When traveling out of the country it is necessary to get a passport for everyone and is important to have travel insurance which will give you the trip protection you need.

Norton Secured Customer Reviews BBB
best travel insurance Customer Reviews widget logo

Our Trusted Providers Include

  • Travel Guard AIG
  • AXA Assistance USA
  • Generali Global Assistance
  • Global Trip Protection
  • GoReady Insurance
  • IMG
  • John Hancock Travel Insurance
  • RoamRight
  • Seven Corners
  • Travel Insured International
  • Travelex Insurance
  • Trawick International logo

Call 1-877-906-3950
( Mon-Fri 9am - 8pm )

Follow Us On

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Ustia Member