- Posted by stageadmin
- Tagged group travel insurance, group trip insurance, travel insurance for groups.
- Posted on
There is a certain comfort involved with traveling internationally as a group. Whether traveling to Europe, Asia, Australia, or just across the border to a destination in Mexico or Canada, the joy of discovery with friends, family, or followers of the same philosophy, is raised as each person reflects on the other. However, there are those tangible and intangible occurrences that can disrupt a group trip. For those times, it is wise to purchase group travel insurance if you would like to insure more than 10 travelers on one policy. The best part about group travel insurance is that you can conveniently place all travelers on a single policy and pay with one credit card or even use the credit card of each traveler to pay the pro-rated policy costs.
The world is not a quiet place. Many unexpected forces can interfere with a great group experience. Group tour packages for ten or more group members are generally purchased well in advance. As the time passes before the trip, the nature of human forces can affect the group’s plans.
- Terrorism is now a factor in any trip abroad, and terrorist events may cause a cancellation of a journey.
- Bankruptcies occur around the world, and the company with which the group has contracted may have gone broke.
- Weather patterns can cause delays at airports causing the group to miss its next destination.
- Volcanoes erupt around the world.
Travel agencies have no control over these events. For all these events and more, whether caused by human or natural forces, travel insurance for trip protection is available.
Aside from human or natural events interfering with a planned group outing, other factors can come into play. These factors have a more personal, and therefore a more meaningful, impact.
- Medical insurance for a U.S. citizen generally will not cover medical expenses outside the country. When traveling as a group, emergency medical and dental coverage is imperative. Purchasing such travel insurance as a group can, in some cases, be more cost effective than buying the insurance as individuals.
- Group trip insurance can also include the unfortunate event that one of the group must cancel their trip for a covered reason under trip cancellation coverage (pre-departure) and trip interruption (post departure).
- Lost luggage of members within a group can cause angst in the whole group. With the proper coverage, the travelers can relax as funds are reimbursed for the purchase of clothing and supplies so that all can attend the planned events.
- Most groups travel together with a particular event in mind. There have been times when those events have been canceled. Recouping losses can be a painful, time-consuming operation, especially when a group is involved. With trip protection, such losses can be covered with a Cancel For Any Reason policy.
In the end, the group travel insurance packages are not only more convenient and possibly cost effective than individual policies, but they can also provide the same or better trip protection. Any group of 10 or more travelers going outside the U.S. should purchase insurance for their peace of mind to enhance their travel enjoyment.